Critters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Critters

Discussions for animal lovers: dogs, cats, horses, rodents, fish, and more...

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Indoor or outdoor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzy
Jazzy
Owner

Indoor or outdoor Empty
PostSubject: Indoor or outdoor   Indoor or outdoor Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2023 4:36 am

Is your cat an indoor or outdoor cat?
Back to top Go down
https://gabfest.forumotion.com/
Lammchen
Lammchen

Indoor or outdoor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indoor or outdoor   Indoor or outdoor Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2023 10:44 am

When we had a cat, she was an indoor only cat. It's cruel to let some cats out where they fight with the neighborhood cats who want to protect their turf as their own.
Back to top Go down
https://www.promotionfuture.com
Messy
Messy

Indoor or outdoor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indoor or outdoor   Indoor or outdoor Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2023 8:26 am

We had an outdoor cat when I was a kid, but my dad wouldn't buy a house next to a dangerous road. My sister wanted to do that and he said she shouldnt because of her cat, so she bought another house. It was very safe outside for them, but I heard from a guy who lives in a hood in Philadelphia that he has to keep the cat inside. Depends where you live. I wouldnt take a cat here in the flat. Would feel really sorry if a cat has to be locked up inside. The rabbits don't mind. They can hop inside and on the balcony and that's enough for them.
Back to top Go down
Bobcat
Bobcat

Indoor or outdoor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indoor or outdoor   Indoor or outdoor Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2023 4:05 pm

I've really owned one cat and she was an indoor cat. She wouldn't go outside, even when I would offer her treats. I would leave the door open, and she would inspect the doorway thoroughly but never set a paw across the threshold. After bringing her home, the next time she went outside was to be buried. I didn't feel sorry for her, she has the run of the place and it's a big house.
Back to top Go down
Jazzy
Jazzy
Owner

Indoor or outdoor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indoor or outdoor   Indoor or outdoor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2023 3:23 am

All of the cats I have ever owned were inside cats.
Back to top Go down
https://gabfest.forumotion.com/
HiI'mKit
HiI'mKit

Indoor or outdoor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indoor or outdoor   Indoor or outdoor Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 2:45 pm

I've only ever had indoor cats. One made a few escapes and I had to go searching for him a few times, but he stayed close to home. Kit got away once because of my dumb mistake, but he stuck close to home - there's some woods-y green space behind my rental and he hung out there. He eventually came back after I stopped taking him food and he got hungry. First and last time he'll taste outdoor freedom with me. He was a rescue so he'd been outside before and got used to it. He's still quite adamant about scratching at the door. It doesn't work

Jazzy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Indoor or outdoor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indoor or outdoor   Indoor or outdoor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Indoor or outdoor
Page 1 of 1